Thus, this Policy has been developed so that the user may access and make use of Grintip services with absolute confidence. Its purpose is to inform each user regarding the information that may be collected and how it may be used. It also informs the user of their rights regarding the data collected, processed and archived. Grintip GmbH is the sole owner of the data acquired.
Registration data collected and processed by Grintip are those that you voluntarily provide us with when opening your user account (the "account") via the registration form. Further personal information is requested in your account page to better optimize your experience with Grintip, and it includes:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Valid Email address (which constitutes the user’s ID name/login name)
- Password to access the account
- Mobile number
- Home address
- ZIP Code and City
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number of people in the household
Some advanced features of the Site and/or the Application require your phone number and mailing address for authentication and security purposes.
When you visit the Site, we will automatically receive the name of your computer operating system and the type of browser you use, also the operating system of your mobile device(s) (should you access the Site using mobile equipment). Specifically, this information is used to analyse overall trends to help us improve the services of Grintip, including identification (using a Grintip-specific serial number) of motive for when the Service is accessed in anonymous mode.
As with most websites, your navigation of the Site may cause the automatic implementation of cookies on your computer. Cookies are small texts sent by a website to your browser and stored on your computer. In this case, they allow our server to identify you and offer you a personalized experience and automatically connect you to our services.
However, you can modify the parameters of your browser to limit or erase cookies. For more information on how cookie and targeted advertising work, you can visit:
3. Features of the Service
Grintip may provide you with, via its Service, certain features based on geographical information. This data is collected, used, transmitted, processed and maintained in our servers when accessing our website and using our Application. By subscribing you agree that Grintip passes, collects, maintains, processes, and uses the data about your location. This data may include, age, location or other information the model of your mobile phone as well as the geographic location of your mobile phone (geographic position determined by the network 3G, 4G or GPS) that do not identify you as a legal person. However, Grintip may share your name and other data that declares you a legal and physical person in case if you are subject to criminal charges.
Purposes of data treated
Data collected by Grintip is required to benefit the Service’s functionality as well as to treat any communication between Grintip, the users and the delivery partners. Data automatically collected by the Site and the Application will allow us to conduct consultancy services and create statistics. We will never use or share any information that may identify any user personally without his or her consent, unless for criminal purposes. We may from time to time use other information submitted, but not limited to, such as gender, birth date, geographical data, and user’s preferences, for commercial purposes.
In addition, and only after receiving the user’s consent, we may share contact details such as phone numbers and email addresses for advertising purposes, targeting and notification of new innovative services. Should the user refuse to share data, the service will remain accessible and operational but without the availability of new features.
Please note: we may use your e-mail address without your consent in the following cases:
- Registration as a member of the Service Grintip - the new Member/User receives an electronic welcome mail containing a link to activate his or her account and a reminder of the identifiers allowing access, namely his username (or nickname) and e-mail address.
- Account closure – If such a request is made to Grintip by the user, one temporary notification is sent to the user’s email, disabling his account momentarily, and asking to confirm the request. A final email is sent advising that the user is no longer registered with Grintip.
- Events, games, surveys and contests - Grintip may send the user e-mail to inform him or her of the existence of such events organized by Grintip and partners.
- Information on the Site, the Application and Services - Grintip may send via email, information concerning developments of the Service, Website and Application by the use of newsletters, for which the user is registered.
- Request for assistance or submission of questions / suggestions - Grintip always replies by e-mail to the user who requests assistance in connection with any subject related to the Service and/or Grintip itself.
- Commercial notifications – such as sales and promotions of services and products advertised in Grintip and/or in accordance to your preferences.
Recipients of the data
Grintip is committed to protecting the users’ privacy and the confidentiality of their data and their identity. As a result, we promise never to share or disclose any identity to third parties, except in the following situations:
- When we are required by a judicial authority, police or other legal authorities to share information, or in general by any administrative authority empowered by the Swiss Law. We reserve the right also to transmit this info without being requested to the authorities in case of serious criminal and discrimination behaviour ;
Security and protection of the data
Grintip implements all necessary measures, up to date and conventional, for the purpose of limiting the risk of loss, deterioration or improper use of data. Furthermore, as part of this security policy, we inform all users that all accounts are protected by a personal password, encrypted and stored within our database. However, the user is informed that as with all internet domains a perfect set of security measures cannot be guaranteed, mainly if ours servers and databases are attacked by talented hackers
Every user may access partner sites that are not governed by the provisions set forth in the Grintip legal conditions of use and privacy policies. Accordingly, each user is invited to review the rules applicable to the use and disclosure of the information you have provided to these sites whilst using them.
Grintip is likely to modify the present privacy policies at any time. If the changes are significant, Grintip is committed to providing you with a more substantial notice (for example, individual e-mail notification or notification on the homepage of the Site) however this is not mandatory.
Questions, complaints or suggestions
We would like to offer transparency on how Grintip shares data registered to our Service by our users and we are committed to protect all data shared with us. Also, for any questions, suggestions or other concerns relating to the processing of data or the way Grintip collects and uses data concerning users, feel free to contact us by e-mail at the following address: [email protected]